Street Closings, Parking Restrictions for Monument 10K
The Richmond Police Department asks motorists to be mindful of runners, street closings and parking restrictions for the Ukrop’s Monument Avenue 10K this Saturday. The events begin at 8 a.m. on Saturday, April 13, with the Virginia 529 Kids Run. The first wave of the 10K steps off 8:30 a.m. near Broad and Harrison streets. The 10K’s finish line is on Franklin Street next to Monroe Park.
Logistics of the 10K will require numerous street closings and traffic pattern changes throughout the city beginning with parking restrictions starting at 1 p.m. on Friday, April 12. Restrictions and closures will continue until 3 p.m. on Saturday, April 13.
Richmond Police reminds all 10K event participants and attendees to take advantage of parking in the decks near the start and finish lines and to not leave any items that may tempt would-be thieves in plain view in your vehicle, regardless of where you park.
Following are the Richmond Police closings and changes scheduled from 4 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday:
· Broad Street from Belvidere Street to Lombardy Street will be closed from 4 a.m. to noon. The recommended detour for westbound traffic on Broad is right on Belvidere, left on Leigh Street and left on Allen Avenue. The recommended detour for eastbound traffic on Broad is left on Allen, right on Leigh and right on Belvidere.
· Kent will be closed from Wythe to Monument Avenue from 4 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Laurel Street will be closed from Main to Broad streets from 4 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Cathedral Place will be closed from Laurel to Shafer Ct from 4 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Harrison will be closed from Park to Marshall from 4 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· Franklin Street will be closed from Laurel to Stuart Circle from 4 a.m. to
2:30 p.m. and from Lombardy to Harrison from 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
· Lombardy Street will be closed from Broad to Hanover Avenue from 7 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
· Chantilly will be closed from Monumental to Monument from 5 a.m. to 1 p.m.
· Canal Street will be closed from Belvidere to 2nd Street from 5 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Park Avenue will be closed from Shafer to Lombardy from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m.
· Exit ramp from Westbound I-195 to Belvidere will be closed from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m.
· Hanover will be closed from Plum to Lombardy from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m.
· Grace Street will be closed from Belvidere to Allen from 7 a.m. to noon.
· Monument Avenue will be closed from Staples Mill Road to Stuart Circle (Lombardy Street) from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. The recommended detour for eastbound traffic is left on Staples Mill, right on Broad, left on Allen, right on Leigh and right on Belvidere. The recommended detour for westbound traffic is right on Belvidere, left on Leigh, left on Allen and right on Broad.
· The Boulevard will be closed at Monument Avenue from 8:30 a.m. to noon. The recommended detour for northbound traffic is left on Park Avenue, right on Thompson Street to I-195. The recommended detour for southbound traffic is right on Grace Street, right on Thompson Street, left on Broad Street, left on Hamilton Street to I-195.
There will be many street closings for all north and south streets intersecting Monument Avenue and Franklin Street from Staples Mill Road to Belvidere Street. Motorists are strongly encouraged to use I-95 and I-195 to travel around the city.
In addition to the street closings, parking will be prohibited prior to and during the 10K on the following streets:
1 p.m. Friday, April 12, to 3 p.m. Saturday
· Both sides of Franklin Street from Laurel to Belvidere
3 p.m. Friday, April 12, to noon Saturday
· Both sides of Broad Street from Belvidere to Lombardy
· Both sides of Franklin Street from Belvidere to Shafer
· Both sides of Laurel Street from Grace to Cathedral
· Southbound lanes of Belvidere from Broad to Main Street
4 a.m. to noon Saturday
· Both sides of Monument Avenue from Stuart Circle to Staples Mill
· Both sides of Franklin Street from Stuart Circle to Shafer
· Both sides of Laurel Street from Cathedral to Main
· Both sides of Park Avenue from Harrison to Linden
· Both sides of Lombardy from Park to Monument
4 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
· Both sides of Chantilly Street from Monument to Monumental
· Both sides of Kent Street from Wythe to Monument
5 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
· Both sides of Blacker from Monument to Monumental
In addition, parking will be prohibited on both sides of Lombardy from Broad to Stuart Circle from 4 a.m. to 10 a.m. Saturday and both sides of Grace from Belvidere to Allen from 4 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.