The biggest story of 2012 was easily the Art 180/Monument Avenue dust-up in March. Monument Avenue also grabbed attention in January when a man was caught on video putting graffiti on thangs and again in February when the Confederates were here.
The 2nd highest trafficked post of the year was our profile of the Fan Area Historic District. That’s also the post with by far the most photos that I’ve ever put together.
Six of the most popular posts from 2012 had to do with restaurants or food:
- The definitive Fan Restaurants Guide
- Baja Bean losing Main Street location
- Buddy’s being forced to vacate Robinson Street corner
- Six Burner to become Heritage under new ownership
- Is Balliceaux a bad neighbor?
- Whole Foods may be looking on Broad Street
The other top stories were all crime dramas:
- Creep attacking women in the area?
- VCU Crime Alert Bingo!
- The Parking Ticket Guy
- $1 million in marijuana seized in case that began with a VCU drug stop
See also: CHPN Our biggest stories in 2012