The FDA Board has four open seats for the 2012-2013 year. The new Directors will be elected at the annual meeting in May. So the election process starts now.
What Does A Board Member Do?
- You chair one of the FDA committees
- You prepare for and attend monthly board meetings
- You spend on average 3 hours/week on FDA matters
- You serve a 3 year term and agree to serve as a board officer if elected during your term
- You attend FDA events throughout the year
Considerations for Candidacy –
- Current FDA member in good standing
- Track record of volunteer work with the FDA or other neighborhood group
- Passionate about and commitment to the Fan
- Balance of geographic locations in the Fan
- Variety of skills and backgrounds among board members
How Do I Apply?
Please submit the following information to the current FDA President by March 5th:
- A letter of application addressing the requirements noted above, why you would like to serve on the Board, and what you would like to accomplish as a Board member.
- A biography or resume setting out both your volunteer and work experience
- A photograph for the next issue of Fanfare
Send your application to FDA President: Betsy Coffield, c/o FDA Office, 208 N. Strawberry St., Richmond, VA 23220 OR firstname.lastname@example.org