The first cycle of the city’s annual Vacuum Leaf Collection Program is
set to begin on Monday, November 14. Leaf collection for the Fan area will be January 3-6, 2012.
- Newtowne/Carver/Jackson Ward – November 14-18
- Westover Gardens – November 14-25
- Worthington Farms – November 28 – December 2
- Maymont/Byrd Park/Oregon Hill/Carillon – November 28 – December 2
- Stony Point – December 5-16
- Church Hill/Fulton – December 5-16
- Stratford Hills/Willow Oaks – December 19-30
- Windsor Farms/University of Richmond/Far West End – December 19 – January 6
- Bellemeade – January 3-6
- The Fan/Shaffer – January 3-6
- The Museum District – January 9-13
- Westover Hills/Forest Hill/Woodland Heights – January 9-20
- Bellevue/Ginter Park/Washington Park – January 16 – February 3
- Broad Rock/Brookbury – January 23 – February 3
- Northside/Highland Park – February 6-10
Residents are advised to rake leaves to the property line, but not into the street or gutter, ahead of the scheduled vacuum cycle. Also, keep in mind that schedules can change as a result of inclement weather.
For those who bag their leaves, biodegradable brown paper lawn and leaf bags are recommended because the help reduce the carbon footprint since they can be recycled along with the leaves. The city will pick up six bags of leaves year around on regular trash collection days. There is no limit on the number of bags that will be collected during each neighborhood’s designated vacuum collection cycle.
City residents also can dispose of leaves on their own at several locations: East Richmond Road Convenience Center at 3800 East Richmond Road; Maury Street
Landfill at 2900 Maury Street; and The Powerline at 8600 Huguenot Road at the
northwest corner of Chippenham Parkway.