The parade is scheduled to begin 10 a.m. Saturday at the Science Museum
of Virginia, 2500 W. Broad St., and travel east on Broad Street, ending
at the intersection with Seventh Street. For Saturday’s Christmas Parade, the following will be in effect:
* The eastbound and westbound lanes of Broad Street will be closed
to traffic between North Davis Avenue and Strawberry Street from 5 a.m.
to 2 p.m.
* The westbound lanes of Broad will be closed to traffic from
Robinson Street to Eighth Street from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* DMV Drive from Leigh Street to Broad will be closed from 7 a.m.
to 1 p.m.
* Leigh from Hermitage Road to North Boulevard will be closed from
7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
* Seventh Street from Broad to Jackson Street will be closed from
9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Also on Saturday, Virginia Commonwealth University has a noon basketball game against The College of William & Mary at the Siegel Center on Broad Street, which is along the parade route. Motorists should anticipate traffic congestion and parking will be limited in the area.
Parking restrictions will be enforced from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday
along the following streets:
* DMV Drive
No-parking signs will be posted along these streets and the parade route. All parking restrictions will be strictly enforced. Vehicles parked in restricted areas will be towed at the owner’s expense.